Become a Member
IHPA Application Instructions
The International Hurricane Protection Association welcomes for membership all who are directly involved in the Hurricane Protection Industry, those who provide supportive goods and services and those who are involved in the promulgation and/or enforcement of codes and regulations governing hurricane and windstorm protection products.
Applicants Must Provide:*
- A complete and legible application for membership. The organization name under which you apply will be reflected in the license and insurance submitted.
- Payment in full for all application fees based upon your category of membership.
- A copy of your license. The license must be appropriate to your membership category and will usually reflect the local and/or state requirements for your business type.
- Business liability insurance listing the International Hurricane Protection Association as certificate holder.
- If you provide or represent products intended for hurricane or windstorm protection, a Products List indicating product approval must be included.
Applicants Must Agree To:
- Endorse and support the IHPA mission as stated the Mission Statement.
- Abide by the IHPA Code of Ethics.
- Maintain membership (pay all applicable fees and dues by due date).
- Advise the IHPA of any changes which might affect membership status or contact information.
- Offer and endorse only tested and approved (FBC or equivalent) products a hurricane protection.
- Display the IHPA Logo only while membership is in force and only in conjunction with approved products.
- Applicable dues and fees will be processed (checks must clear).
- Review of required forms for membership.
- The IHPA Board of Directors will review and must approve all applications for membership.
- A New Member package will go out once all processing is complete.
* Governmental Agency Applicants are exempt from dues, license and insurance requirements.